Monday, July 16, 2012

Almost There...

Historicon is almost here!  And more importantly, I think I've finished painting everything I need for the con.  And if it isn't painted by now, I guess I'll need to tweak the OOB's to accommodate what we have.  Speaking of the OOB, Peter was kind enough to post the Borodino scenario over on his 'Blunders' site a couple of days ago, if you haven't already done so, check it out.

I had hoped to have everything finished last weekend, but the Czarina had other plans for me, so once again, it was down to the last minute (I hate that).  That combined with me foolishly deciding to go back to (on-line) school a couple of weeks ago has made painting time a very valuable commodity of late.

Enough words, below are photos of  my meager painting production since the last post.


This is the Corp command stand for Rayeveski's VII Corps.  I really don't know why Peter seems to think I don't like the French?  I have to admit, this is my new favorite command stand.  I think it captures the spirit of Rayeveski rather well.

I know you've already seen this one, but hey, I like it.


Another Russian Command stand.  I haven't decided who this will be yet. 

Another Russian Command stand.  Looks like it needs a little touch up on the buttons.

The last 3 Battalions of the Duchy of Warsaw troops.

Another view of the Duchy of Warsaw Battalions.

A Medium Battery.  As I think I've mentioned before, I'm building my artillery batteries as 3 stand units to reflect the considerably larger Russian Batteries vs. other nations, however, for the convention we will be using standard Piquet 2 stand units.

A Russian Heavy Battery.  I know, I just said I'm building my Russian Batteries as 3 stand units and this is only 2.  I sort of 'misjudged' the figures I needed, so I only had enough to do a 2 stand unit.  Clearly and excellent example of the superior Russian high command planning abilities.

I hope to see several of you at Fredericksburg in a couple of days.

So much lead, so little time.

2 comments:

  1. Very good command stands, if cheekily done! Glad to see the painting did not get ahead of you!

    See you down Fredericksburg way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you again in VA later today - gulp; time to go to bed!

    ReplyDelete